Monday, April 9

As the Weeks Go On.

Well, the days are going by super fast and almost start running together!  Lucky for digital photography and online social networks to keep track of the boys growth and share it with friends and family!

Between 8 and 9 weeks old - a switch went off inside the boys.  Instead of sleeping in 2-6hour chunks at night, they just started sleeping longer and longer! The first night they slept 10 hours, next night was 11 hours, third night was 12 hours..and since then it's been a consistant 12 hours of sleep!

I had actually just went and bought the book 'The Baby Sleep Solution' or 'Twelve Hours' Sleep by Twelve Weeks Old'  both by Suzy Giordano.  I had read amazing reviews on this book and wanted to start the sleep training process.  Apparently the boys knew what I was doing and decided to just sleep 12 hours by 9 weeks on their own! I thank God every day for giving me such amazing and healthy boys which helps me be able to take care of them and myself to be a better mom!

 - I will tell you that I believe the secret to having great sleeping babies is all in the daytime schedule.  If you let your baby sleep all day or 'graze' (eat whenever he wants) it is hard to get them on a schedule for night time.  The boys are eating every 4 hours and have a scheduled 1 hr nap in the morning and a 2 hr nap in the afternoon.  With this set schedule, it seems to keep them dreaming the night away :)


I took the boys to their 2 month appointment.  Eli is at 12lb. 2oz and Blake was 11lb. 10oz. Eli has surpassed Blake by 1/2 a pound!! Big healthy boys :)   Unfortunately Eli has bad reflux.  The doctor told us to try adding rice cereal to their bottles (which we had already been doing) and if that doesn't work then we will need to get him on some medicine for it.  :( Poor baby.   I know as an adult just how much reflux hurts..

Everything seems to be healthy! They did have to get 2 shots and an oral vaccine.  I had tried to give them tylenol before the appointment trying to be pro-active, but they did NOT want it.  So, we ended up having cranky,sleepy, and loss of appetite for about 24 hrs after those shots. Fortunately I got them to take some tylenol about 8 hrs after the shots and that seemed to help them feel better faster. 

And the beat goes on :)   Another day, another adventure.   They are smiling and laughing all the time!! And just today (10weeks old) Blake was inches from fulling rolling over onto his belly! We are almost on the move!


No comments:

Post a Comment