Monday, January 7

Getting CrAfTy!!

 
I haven't had much time in my life (since the boys started walking) to bake and work on projects- but here are a few things I have been able to do!
 
MOON SAND
 
I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course) and I HAD to try it!
**It is not like regular moon sand- but is perfect for items you already have on hand!!**
It's so easy and simple too!
 
2 cups Flour
1/4 cup Baby Oil
 
Mix together in a bowl. Viola! Moon Sand!
 
I just made it last night, and haven't gotten a chance to let the boys play with it- but when they do, I will be sure to take pics and let you know how they like it;) But knowing my boys, they will LOVE to squish it  in between their little fingers.
 
 
 
 
Also, I made a Breakfast cookie- which has turned into part of the boys snack time foods- but it's easy and HEALTHY!
 
NO flour
NO eggs
NO sugar
NO dairy
 
 
 
**I got this recipe off of pinterest- but it was linked to::
 
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies ~ with optional carob or chocolate chips
makes 16 regular sized cookies or 12 large sized

 
***I have altered the recipe to how I wanted it (Like I always do)- so Below is MY version***
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed until smooth & creamy
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter ~ creamy or chunky
  • 1 jar Applesauce baby food
  • 1 jar Banana baby food
  • 1/4 cup FlaxSeed Meal
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal ~ uncooked (or use old fashioned oats for more oatmeal texture)
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts (OPTIONAL-I didn't use, but it sounds wonderful!)
  • 1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips - I put on 1/2 of the cookies and left 1/2 plain

Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix mashed banana & peanut butter until completely combined then add in the applesauce and banana baby food, flaxseed meal & the extract ~ mix again until all are completely combined.

Add in the oatmeal & nuts to the banana mixture & combine. (** add the optional carob / chocolate chips at this time if you want them mixed throughout)

Let dough rest for 10 minutes.

Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into circles. (** if you just want the carob / chocolate chips on the top of the cookies, add now)
 
If you like peanut butter, banana- you will LOVE these healthy cookies!
*Like I said, they have been PERFECT for the boys snack time!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment