Monday, May 21

Mom = More Responsible Adult?

Well it has almost been 4 months since the boys were born and I have been thinking recently that I still do not feel like a 'mom'.  I think I am still in the mindset that Moms are older and always say 'no'. HA!
I have noticed that I might not feel like a mom, but I do know that I have become a much more responsible adult.

-Cleaning the house, the dishes, the laundry, cooking dinner, keeping up with schedules, making sure the boys are eating enough and are going to bed on time etc...
The biggest thing I have noticed a change in myself is my energy!
I thought I would be exhausted ALL THE TIME, but it seems like I have more energy now, than I did before I ever got pregnant!!


The past few weeks once we put the boys to bed, we have been getting our outdoor work finished.  We: -rearranged our front flower beds
- fluffed up the mulch
-moved plants from the front to the back yard
-planted about a dozen plants around our deck
-planted our garden


I used to be the type that 'plants and forgets' about them. But along with my new-found responsibility, I have been taking care of everything almost as good as I have the boys! hehe.

The boys take their morning nap at 9am-- as soon as they are asleep I head outside and water EVERYTHING.  I'm trying to make sure everything can survive the heat of the crazy summer.

But I am most proud of our garden!  We were a lot smarter about how we are doing it this year, so I thought I would share some pictures of our hard work!


We decided to use already started plamts and transplant them (except for our green beans and squash of course!)


I'm so proud of our cute little green beans!!

ANYWAYS--

I really wanted to let everyone know my Dinner Project tonight!

I found it on Pinterest and they called it
Chicken Garbage Bread

*I made a homemade Pizza Dough
*Boiled 2 chicken breasts
*combined buffalo sauce and ranch for a sauce

New York Style Pizza Dough
1pkg Active-Dry Yeast
1 cup Warm Water (no hotter than 105degrees)
1/2 TBL Sugar
3 cups Bread Flour
2 TBL Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp. Salt

Combine yeast, water and sugar in bowl, let sit about 10 mins until yeast has bloomed.
Add 1/2 of flour. Slowly mix.  Add in salt and olive oil. Add in more flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough is pulling off the sides of the bowl, but is still slightly sticky/tacky.
Knead dough on high for at least 10 mins.
Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for 1-2 hours.
Punch down and use as desired.



Then, I rolled it out super super thin;
I spread on the ranch/buffalo sauce mixture and threw on the boiled chicken, shredded cheese and some onion and bell pepper.

Then I started at one end, and rolled the whole thing up like a cinnamon roll.

I baked this beauty and BAM!  Pretty much a stromboli but with buffalo chicken!
YUM!

The boys and I are having a play-date tomorrow with some great friends and their daughter! Cannot wait to see them!

Good Night World!

No comments:

Post a Comment