Sunday, July 15

Budgets, Babies and Bonding

This weekend has been an incredible weekend for us!

For starters: Brad and I have been doing some Serious thinking about our budget. We had a little extra cash this past month and WhAM- we blew it.  So, we are now on the most strick budget known to man. We pay our bills and buy the food we need to survive. Nothing more. Which sounds way easier than it is.

I have found a great website (from my momma) Mint.com    They connect to your bank account and you can set what you want to budget for each part of your monthly income. Now we can see how much we have gone over what we budgeted and we can figure out how to change that for the next month. 
I wish that wasn't a part of our everyday chats, but it is and we deal.

Our baby boys are 5 1/2 months old now!
It seems like the boys are changing and growing so quickly that it almost makes it feel like slow motion! ( I know that sounds ridiculous!)

~They sit up on their own.
~They love playing and THROWING toys!
~We are learning to crawl- I work with them every single day trying to help them figure out how to coordinate their legs/knees with their arms (Again, sounds easier than it is apparently). 
~They are eating 3 meals of solid food a day-and they are down to only 6oz of formula with those meals! (saving $$$)!
~They are teething AGAIN- this time it's their top teeth! <--On top of that, we are going through their 6 month growth spurt at the same time... These are my descriptive words::
1. NAPS
2.CRYING
3. FUSSY
4. CRYING
5.TYLENOL
6.CRYING
7. TIRED
8.CRYING

Haha. Laughing is about the only thing you can do. I feel HORRIBLE that there is absolutely nothing I can do but try to dull the pain. I'm sure i'm making it sound worse than it is, but when you have 2 babies going through it at the same time, it feels crappy in the moment.

I am thankful every day for my husband. As soon as he gets home from work everyday he immediately grabs a baby and helps entertain them- which helps a lot with the fussiness. I'm not sure what I would do without him. <3


On a much lighter note:

Friday night, Brad and I were invited to a Pool Party! We dropped the boys off at Brad's Parents and they took care of them and got them to bed on time. We went and had such a great time seeing old friends and swimming/eating/hanging out! --This was our first night not putting the boys to bed since they were born :( Probably the hardest day. I love putting my babies to bed.

Saturday was a pretty lazy day- Brad got to take a 3 hour nap with the boys (he definitely needed it and deserved it!)  That night, my mom came over and hung out at our house, which made us able to get out and go to dinner! We haven't been out to dinner since my birthday in February!!  We went Downtown and had some delicious food and company. We walked around and got ice cream then came home.  That was so wonderful of my mom to just sit in our quiet house while the babies slept just so we could have a night out. <3

Sunday, our cousins were in town! We all met at my mom's house and hung out for a few hours. Momma made an awesome lunch and the boys took the longest nap EVER. 3 1/2 hours. Tired boys.  Must be rough learning to crawl and sit and eat big boy foods hehe.

Another week coming up! I have some new exciting baby foods to make and try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment