Unfortunately, I feel like there isn't much to blog about recently!
The boys are doing so amazing!
The 7th month milestone seems to be a great month for us already!
I know you are not supposed to compare kids, and I really try not to, but I must say...Our boys are simply BRILLIANT.
They are only 7 months, they haven't had hardly any eye sight the first 6 months, they have had non-stop headaches for 6 months, and gone through 2 surgeries each..and Yet I still find they are way ahead of other people's kids ;) --I have to brag! hehe
My big boys sitting in the cart at Sam's Club! They LOVED it!! They loved seeing all of the colors and people. :) It was the best shopping experience we have ever had with the boys... and their carts hold 2 babies!!
I will say, my boys might be 'advanced' but they are the size- weight and height- of a 12 month old!
These little boys are SO hilarious too.
They just randomly start cracking up laughing either on their own or with each other. It's so awesome to sit here and watch them play with each other.
I can't imagine having 1 baby and them not having someone to laugh with at this age..
it is just so amazing.
These are "Healthy" Milestones that should be reached by 7 months.
- Rolls both ways (front to back, back to front) Check!
- Sits with, and then without, support of her hands Check!
- Supports her whole weight on her legs Check!
- Reaches with one hand Check!
- Transfers object from hand to hand Check!
- Uses raking grasp (not pincer) Check!
Using the Pincer grasp to get small foods
Pulling themselves to Standing
Squating down from standing to grab a toy and standing back up
Go from standing to sitting (Not falling)
Can stand by themselves (Not holding on to anything) for short periods
Walking along furniture!
- Develops full color vision Obviously can't tell
- Distance vision matures Working on that!
- Ability to track moving objects improves Check!
- Responds to own name Getting there! It's a lot more difficult when mom & dad are saying 2 different names all the time! ;)
- Begins to respond to “no” Check!
- Distinguishes emotions by tone of voice Check!
- Responds to sound by making sounds Check!
- Uses voice to express joy and displeasure Check!
- Babbles chains of consonants Check!
- Finds partially hidden object Check!
- Explores with hands and mouth Check!
- Struggles to get objects that are out of reach Struggles?...they just crawl over to them! haha
Social and Emotional Milestones
- Enjoys social play Check! They are having the BEST time playing with eachother!
- Interested in mirror images Double Check! They are obsessed with themselves in the mirror ;)
- Responds to other people’s expressions of emotion and appears joyful often Check!
It's interesting..obviously this is the minimum list ..but i'm just such a proud mama! After all of their 'obstacles' they are still learning and growing so fast!!
This 3-day weekend was AMAZING!
It has been wonderful having Brad home everyday! I have gotten a few naps in and taken a few trips out of the house alone :D
And, Brad is DONE with our Bathroom remodel!!!!
Now that he is finished, I get to start buying my part...
Towel bars, art work, and a corner chair and wall mount to hold towels !!
It is so beautiful! I must say I have great ideas and combined with Brad's hard work and do-it-yourself attitude, we make a great team!
I will post pictures soon!
Have a wonderful 4 day work week!