Saturday, August 18

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I've been interested in making my own laundry detergent for a while, but honestly i've been a little chicken.
Well, Thanks to Pinterest, I believe I have found a great 'recipe'!
So, here it is!!

Homemade (Cheap) Laundry Detergent



1 (4lb. 12oz) Box of Borax
1 (3lb. 7 oz.) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
1 (3lb) Container of OxyClean
2 (14.1oz) Bars of Soap--Really any kind is ok- Because I will be cleaning the boys' clothes with it, I found a Sensitive Skin soap
2 (2lb) Boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
1-2 (55oz) Bottle of Pure Crystals Fabric Softener  *I only used 1 bottle, but if you would like a stronger scent, then you can use 2!*


You need to grate your bars of soap with a cheese grater.

Then, in a large bucket combine all the ingredients. 
**It is much easier to mix if you layer all of the ingredients**

****You can get FREE buckets from your local Supermarket's Bakery department-- I got 4 free buckets from Kroger tonight!


If you save your Purex Crystals Bottles, you can fill that bottle with  your soap so you do not have to have a huge bucket sitting out in your laundry room!


For a regular size load of Laundry- it takes 1 TBL of this detergent
For a large size load of Laundry- it takes 2 TBL of this detergent

So little soap! Which means it saves you a TON of money!!

**this soap works PERFECT for HE washers. Because you use a bar of soap, it does not make many 'Suds' at all!

Let me know what you think if you try it!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment