Tuesday, August 28

Words Fail Me.

All day I have been thinking about the next blog post I was going to write.
And I could not seem to think of what to say.
 
 
How do you write words of joy...
How do you explain on 'paper' how life has done a 360 on you..
How can I tell you all how HAPPY life is without you all seeing it for yourselves..
 
These past two months have been so bad in our house.
We made it though, survived.. but I was seriously starting to question my abilities as a Stay-at-home Mom.
My babies were always crying, always sleeping, never happy..
I was clearly not doing something right, and having that feeling as a mother KILLED me.
 
I thought I was failing.
 
I honestly cannot explain how different things are after exactly one week.
 
*The boys are now only taking 1hour naps. --Their naps used to last 2-3hours.
*They are staying awake 4hours at a time-- They used to only make it 1 - 1 1/2hours
*An entire day with NO crying, meltdowns, fussing, whining..from any of us
*An entire day of the boys laughing at and with each other..playing with each other
*An entire day without ANY Tylenol needed! -- usually, they were getting it 3 times a day.
I feel like a normal family again!
Don't get me wrong, they are not all the sudden perfect angels, they didn't lose their voices...
They still cry... they are still teething..
 
 
They stayed awake for 4 hours today playing and having a blast... They went so long, that I had to put them down for a nap instead of waiting for them to cry for a nap.. So strange!
 
Then they ended up only taking a 1 hour nap..
So, by 5pm, we had some tired, tired boys.
 
Brad and I pulled out all the tricks in our arsenol and they made it till 6:30pm for bedtime!
Not a bad night..a normal night.
 
I just can't say how happy our house is, enough times.
 
Tonight I tried a new recipe!
Thought I would share!
 
We made homemade BBQ Chicken Bites and Au Gratin Potatoes.

BBQ Chicken Bites

1/2 cup Mayo
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1 TBL Dijon Mustard
1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Breadcrumbs

Combine the 3 sauces.  Cut the chicken breasts into nugget pieces (I used kitchen scissors! So easy!).  Dunk the chicken breasts into the sauce mixture. Then coat them in the bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 mins.. until the chicken reads at least 160degrees on the inside. *I flipped mine over half way through.

You could omit the bread crumbs and have great grilled chicken too!
I also made homemade Au Gratin Potatoes
 
3 Russet Potatoes
-Slice in half. Boil until they are 1/2 way cooked- about 20-30 minutes.
Let the potatoes cool for about 1 hour in the fridge.
Once cool, slice to your desired thickness and place in a 9"x9" pan.
 
 
I made my own cheese sauce...
2TBl butter
3 TBL flour
2 cups Milk- Boiling
 
1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese OR Velveeta
Combine butter and flour and stir continuously in  saucepan. Do not let it turn brown.  Mix in the boiling milk.  Stir with a whisk contantly. Bring to boil and continue to boil for 1 minute.
Add in your cheese and keep stirring.
 
1/2 cup diced onion.

Toss the onion in with the potatoes.  Pour the cheese sauce on top of the potatoes.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 mins -_Same amount of time as chicken!
Season with salt and pepper.

 
Yumm..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment