Saturday, August 25

Multiples Sale

There is an organization in our area that is specifically for Parents of Multiples.
 
Southside Parents of Multiples
 
They have monthly meetings, Mom nights out, playdates with other multiples, activites, snacks ..etc.
 
Twice a year they hold their Parents of Multiples Sale
TONs of people donate any and all of their baby and kid items..toys, bath items, clothing, swins, gates, feeding supplies, Anything you can think of!
 
My mom went with me to the first Sale back in April..I was pretty clueless back then. I wasn't sure what size the boys would need, when. I didn't know if it would be cold or warm.  And honestlty, I'm still not too sure, but I do have a better idea of what I need now..and a better idea of how much the boys will be moving at certain points this year.
 
So today was their second Sale! My momma and I got there at 7am to get in right away. They always let the Parents of Multiples get in at 7am and the 'Singleton' Parents get to go in at 8am.
 
I feel like we scored some pretty great deals!
I got the boys' Halloween costumes!! And their winter coats. LOTS of onsies that should get us through the rest of 2012 and some P.Js!
 
This is definitely the place I will be selling all of my baby stuff once we are officially 'done' having kids! You can make some good Moolah! $$
 
The boys seem to be in great moods today! When I got home they were playing and laughing with daddy!  It's so nice to get out of the house and come home to happy babies and a happy hubby.
 
Their schedule is still super jank.. they are working on a new nap schedule and i'm trying to let them figure it out...I will go along with whatever schedule they want or need-- as long as there is a schedule!
I am making sure to keep them on their regular feeding schedule- so even if they are sleeping, I wake them up to eat and put them back to bed... I'm sure by next week we will have figured out a good napping schedule.
 
While the boys napped I took the chance to make some of my FAVORITES!
 
Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
 
This is my best, most precious recipe!
 
Amanda's Prized Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
1 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/4 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp.  Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips
 
 
Cream the butter and sugars.  Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.  Mix the dry ingredients separately. Slowly add in the dry ingredients.  Stir in Chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 8 mins.  Turn the pan half way through.
 

 
I have a few Oranges that I really need to use up. I've been diligently reading Julia Child's cookbook every night.
*I have to admit though that I might have skipped to the desserts section a little early!*
 
Julia has a few recipes that sound simply devine that uses oranges. Like a
Molded Orange Bavarian Cream.
Sounds amazing.
 
I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful but warm Saturday!!
<3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment