Tuesday, August 14

Zucchini Cake?..Nom Nom.

This girl LOVEs her chocolate.
And adding veggies to chocolate makes me feel much better about my obsession.

I've been wanting to make Zucchini Brownies all season and I was finally given a Zucchini!

So, here it is, from the New Paris Cookbook...

Zucchini Chocolate Cake

Cream together:
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Oil
1 1/2 cup Sugar

Add:
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Buttermilk ( 1/2cup milk + 1/2 tsp. lemon juice)

Sift together Separately:
2 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
4 TBL Cocoa


Stir dry ingredients into liquid mixture.
Stir in:2 cups Zucchini, grated
1/4 cup. Chocolate Chips

Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.  Bake at 325degrees for 40 minutes.

YUMMMMmm.


Today, Tuesday, I have to stop giving the boys their eye drops. I'm so NOT happy about this.  These eye drops have changed our lives these past 5 days.. I HATE that they might be in pain again for the next 48hours. 
The doctors want to make sure they get an accurate read on their eye pressure levels during their Eye Exam under anethesia. -- Which I definitely understand and want them to get everything right..but it's so hard to stop something that has been working so well.
I'm just praying the after Thursday, there will be a better more permanate fix, than eye drops.

These mornings this week have been B-E-A-UTIFUL out. Cool, crisp temps.
Perfect for a walk!

*Since they have been on eye drops they have been sitting up and looking around the entire walk! Instead of closing their eyes and sleeping :D

48 more hours until eye exam!!!

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment