Friday, August 3

Not So Sloppy

Seems like these 2 days since the boys got their most recent shots, they have been so so sleepy!
Except at night...
We do our nightly routine, feed them and put them to bed. But they spend the next 2 hours (yes, TWO) 'chatting' and playing in their cribs!

I already know when they are 2years old, they will be up playing with each other and their toys ALL night.  Ah, at least they are happy and not crying :) And they always fall asleep soundly.
Life is Good.




Well, today Eli started crying, so I went over and picked him up. When I turned around, Blake was climbing up the chair!
Who is this kid and where is my 6 month old! haha
It's so exciting watching them learn new things.. Wild knowing that we have all gone through this.



Tonight we had Sloppy Joes for dinner!
I  know, all you think about is nasty cafeteria food;
"I made 'em Extra Schloppy For Ya!"

You can go ahead and laugh again_____ .. I'll wait...


Yes, I was a lunch lady, and Yes, I LOVED my job. That was by far the best and most interesting job I have ever had. I can't wait to go back to that once the boys are older.

Back to Sloppy Joes...
We usually use the 'Manwich' canned sauce (I HATE it...) But I must have let it slip my shopping list this month! (oops!)

I did a quick goole search and found a recipe from Rachael Ray. (Don't like her either! But her food is good!)
Obviously, I modified the recipe to meet my tastes, so here it is:

Modified Rachael Ray Sloppy Joes

1-2 TBL Olive Oil
1/2 lb. Ground Beef
2TBL. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Steak Seasoning ( whatever brand you have)
1/4 onion- chopped
1/2 bell pepper- chopped
1/2 TBL Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup Tomato sauce
1 tsp. Mustard
1 tsp. Salt

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and meat to the pan. Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning. Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine. When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers. Drain off any excess grease from mean.
Add red wine vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard and salt. Stir and  Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer.
Taste and add more salt or more tomato depending on how you like it to taste!
So good and tastes SO much better than the Canned junk!



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment